Profesor universitar doctor la Universitatea de Vest din Timișoara, Facultatea de Sociologie și Psihologie, Departamentul de Sociologie, doctor în sociologie al Universității de Vest din Timisoara, abilitare în Sociologie în cadrul Universității Babeș-Bolyai din Cluj Napoca. Este autor a patru cărți în calitate de unic sau prim autor. A publicat de asemenea peste 40 de articole în reviste și volume de specialitate din țară și străinătate. Este membru al Asociației Europene de Sociologie - ESA (European Sociological Association) și al Societății Române de Sociologie – SSR. În cadrul Universității de Vest din Timișoara coordonează un grup de cercetare in domeniul complexității sociale - SCOPE.
Ph.D. in Sociology, West University of Timisoara, Faculty of Sociology and Psychology
Ph.D. in Economy, West University of Timisoara, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
M.A. in Social Economy, West University of Timisoara, Faculty of Sociology and Psychology
B.A. in Sociology, West University of Timisoara, Faculty of Sociology and Psychology
B. Teaching Activity
Permanent position at the West University of Timisoara, Department of Sociology (Associate Professor Ph.D.), 1999 – to the present.
C. Field of Specialization
Economic Sociology, Sociology of Migration, Labour Economics, Social Mobility and Social Stratification.
D. Recent Research Activities
Forecasting Romanian Migration Flows using Agent Based Modeling, Research Group in Social and Economic Complexity (SCOPE)
Researcher in the project Sustainability of the Social Security System in Romania, contract POSDRU/89/1.5/S/59184.
Visiting researcher to the Department of Applied Economics of the Free University of Brussels (DULBEA).
E. Recent publications Articles
Data Driven Decision Support Systems: An Application Case in Labour Market Analysis, Romanian Journal of Information Science and Technology, 19(1-2), 2016.
On the Sustainability of the Romanian Pension System in the Light of Population Declining. Social and Behavioral Sciences, 183, 2015.
The Geopolitics of Romanian Migration. Ceskoslovenska Psychologie 59, 2015.
Validity of the Push and Pull Hypothesis for the Explanation of Romanian Migration Flows, Journal of Social Research and Policy, 4(1), 2013.
The Determinants of Youth Unemployment. A Times Series Cross-Sectional Data Analysis, Social Work Review, 1/2013.
Labour Market and Social Security in Romania, European Review of Applied Sociology, 6(6), 2013.
Parent Involvement and Early School Leaving, Review of Research and Social Interventions, 40/2013, 2013.
The Effect of Population Aging on the Social Security System, European Review of Applied Sociology, 6(6), 2013.
The Determinants of International Migration. A Panel Data Analysis, Journal of Politics and Law, 6(1), 2013.
Factors Influencing the Deficit of Social Security Systems. A Panel Data Analysis, Romanian Statistical Review, 10/2012.
Romanian Migration Flows In European Countries: Does Social Security Matter?, Apulensis, 2(14), 2012.
Social Security in Romania after EU Accession. Risks and Trends, CES Working Papers, 3(2), 2011.
Social Risks Arising from Evolution Trends in Population Structure, Economic Insight, (63)2, 2011.
The Risks and Vulnerabilities on the Romanian Social Security System, ASE Publishing, Bucharest 2013.
The Marketing of War. A Sociological Approach, ProUniversitaria Publishing, Bucharest 2012.
Part of collective books
Analysing Labour Demand and Supply Using Web Mining and Data Mining in Romania. In Larsen, C., Rand, S., Schmid, A., Mezzanzanica, M., & Dusi, S. Big Data and the Complexity of Labour Market Policies: New Approaches in Regional and Local Labour Market Monitoring for Reducing Skills Mismatches. R. Hampp Verlag, 2016.
The Roles and Functions of the Labour Market Observatories in Romania, in Larsen, C., Rand, S., Schmid, A., Atin, E., Serrano, R. (Eds.), Shifting Roles and Functions of Reigonal and Local Labour Market Observatories Across Europe. München, Mering, Rainer Hampp Verlag, 2013.
The Role of Skills Development in the Local Labour Market, in Larsen, C., Hasberg, R., Schmid, A., Atin, E., Brzozowski, J (eds), Skills Monitoring in European Regions and Localities. München, Mering, Hampp, 2012.
Cross-Border Labour Mobility between Romania and Hungary, in Larsen, C., Hasberg, R., Schmid, A., Bittner, M., and Clément, F. Measuring geographical mobility in regional labour market monitoring state of the art and perspectives. München, Mering, Rainer Hampp Verlag, 2011.
Forecasting Migration Flows using Agent Based Modeling. Research Group in Social and Economic Complexity, 2016.
Population Forecast and its Consequences for the Romanian Pension System, in Crises Challenges and Role of the Economic Science, the 3rd Edition, Bucharest Academy of Economics, 2012.
The Effect of Social Security Contributions on the Labour Market, in Crises Challenges and Role of the Economic Science, the 2nd Edition, Bucharest Academy of Economics, 2011.
The Impact on the State Social Insurance Budget Produced by Migration, in Crises Challenges and Role of the Economic Science, 1st Edition, Bucharest Academy of Economics, 2011.
Participation in International Conferences
Analysing labour demand and supply using web mining and data mining - A case study on Romanian labour market. Real-time labour market information: Skills requirements analysis. European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training. Thessaloniki, Greece.
Agent Based Modeling. A New Aproach for Understanding International Migration. Conferinţa Internaţională a SSR, Brasov 2015.
Forecasting Romanian Migration Flows using Agent Based Modeling. The 12th Conference of the European Sociological Association, Prague, Czech Republik, 2015.
The Geopolitics of Romanian Migration. International Conference "What’s Next For Democratic Capitalism? Social and Systemic Problems of Central European Democracies", Institute of Psychology, Polish Academy of Sciences and Committee for Psychological Science, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland 2014.
Brain Drain Migration through Romanian Academics, RSS Conference: Society of The twenty-first Century. Challenges, Trends, and Perspectives, Iaşi, 2014.
Migration and Cross Border Mobility between Romania and Hungary, ESA Midterm Conference – Sociology of Migration, Paris, Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches Internationales, Paris, 2012.
The Effects of Labor Market Trends in Romania over the Sustainability of the Public Pension System, The Seventh International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, Universidad Abat Oliba CEU, Barcelona, 2012.
The Relationship between Social Security and Labour Market, International Conference for Academic Disciplines, American University of Rome, 2012.
Validity of the Push – Pull Hypothesis for the Romanian Emigration, The 2nd International Rss Conference - "Beyond Globalization", Bucharest, 2012.
The Influence of the Economic Factor on the Romanian Labor Migration, The 3rd International Conference, "Economies of Central and Eastern Europe: Convergence, Opportunities and Challenges", Talinn School of Economics, Tallin, 2011.
Considerations Regarding the Relationship between Social Security and Labour Market. The 2nd International Conference on Business Administration and Economics, University of Eftimie Murgu Resita and Academic Entrepreneurship and Innovation Network of S.E.E.U., Reşiţa, România, 2012.
Risk Arising from Undocumented Work. The Case of Romanian Workers in the European Union, ESA 10th Conference 2011: Social Relations in Turbulent Times, Geneve, 2011.
1. Sociologia Migratiei / Sociology of Migration: Determinanti ai Migratiei Internationale. Efecte ale Migratiei Internationale asupra Sistemului de Securitate Sociala. Mobilitatea Transfrontaliera a Fortei de Munca.
2. Sociologie Economica, Piata muncii / Economic Sociology, Labour Market: Analiza Pietei Muncii Utilizand Tehnici de Data Mining si Web Mining. Rolul Big Data in Analiza Pietei Muncii. Bunastarea si Alocarea Resurselor.
3. Demografie / Demography: Dinamici de Populatie si Proiectii de Populatie.
4. Securitate Sociala / Social Security: Efecte ale Dinamicii Populatiei asupra Sistemului de Securitate Sociala. Riscuri si Vulnerabilitati pe Componenta de Securitate Sociala.
5. Simulare Sociala / Social Simulation: Proiectarea Fluxurilor Migratiei Internationale Utilizand Agent Based Model.
Bibliografie: Sociologia Migratiei:
1. Anghel, R. G. (2013). Romanians in Western Europe: migration, status dilemmas, and transnational connections. Lexington Books.
2. Brettell, C. B., & Hollifield, J. F. (Eds.). (2014). Migration theory: Talking across disciplines. Routledge.
3. Castles, S., de Haas, H., & Miller, M. J. (2014). The Age of Migration, Fifth Edition: International Population Movements in the Modern World. Guilford Press.
4. Platonova, A. (2010). Migration, employment and labour market integration policies in the European Union: Part 2. Brussels: International Organization for Migration.
5. Sandu D. (2006). Locuirea temporară în străinătate. Migraţia economică a românilor. Fundaţia pentru o Societate Deschisă.
Sociologie Economica. Piata Muncii.
1. Brândaș, C., & Pânzaru, C. (2015). Analysing of the Labour Demand and Supply Using Web Mining and Data Mining. Big Data and the Complexity of Labour Market Policies: New Approaches in Regional and Local Labour Market Monitoring for Reducing Skills Mismatches, 71. Reiner Hampp Verlag, Munchen.
2. Beckert, J., & Zafirovski, M. (Eds.). (2013). International Encyclopedia On Economic Sociology. Routledge.
3. Esping-Andersen, G. (2013). The Three Worlds of Welfare Capitalism. John Wiley & Sons.
4. Portes, A., & Walton, J. (2013). Labor, Class, and the International System. Elsevier.
5. Smelser, N. J. (2013). The sociology of economic life. Quid Pro Books.
Demografie. Proiectii de populatie:
1. Lee, R. (2011). The outlook for population growth. Science, 333(6042), 569-573.
2. Rotariu, T. (2009). Demografia şi sociologia populaţiei. Editura Polirom.
3. Gheţău, V. (2004). Romania’s Demographic Decline: What Prospects. Romanian Sociology Review, 2(2).
4. Panzaru, C. (2015). Lee Carter Mortality Forecasting. An Application to the Romanian Population. Working Paper. [Available at www.cpanzaru.socio.uvt.ro].
5. Silverman, E., Bijak, J., Hilton, J., Cao, V. D., & Noble, J. (2013). When Demography Met Social Simulation: A Tale of Two Modelling Approaches. Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, 16(4), 9.
1. Harper, S. (2014). Ageing Societies. Routledge.
2. Marin, B. (2013). Welfare in an Idle Society?: Reinventing Retirement, Work, Wealth, Health and Welfare. Ashgate.
3. Panzaru C, (2013). Riscuri si vulnerabilitati pe componenta de securitate sociala in Romania. Editura ASE, Bucuresti.
4. Peeters, M., & Groot, L. F. (2012). Demographic Change across the Globe-Maintaining Social Security in Ageing Economies. World Economics, 13(2), 75-97.
5. Preda, M. (2009). Riscuri şi inechităţi sociale în România. Editura Polirom, Iaşi.
1. Elsenbroich, C., & Gilbert, N. (2014). Social Construction of Knowledge. Modelling Norms; 163-171. Springer.
2. Gilbert, N., & Troitzsch, K. (2005). Simulation for The Social Scientist. McGraw-Hill International.
3. Larose, D. T. (2014). Discovering Knowledge in Data: An Introduction to Data Mining. John Wiley & Sons.
4. Squazzoni, F. (2012). Agent-Based Computational Sociology. John Wiley & Sons.
5. Tinati, R., Halford, S., Carr, L., & Pope, C. (2014). Big Data: Methodological Challenges and Approaches for Sociological Analysis. Sociology. Sage.